>>> PhiLho@GMX.net 10/26/04 11:50AM >>>
> I suppose this could be addressed by a "global" keyword.

That makes sense to me, although of course this would be a
'strict' mode controllable by command-line flags.

On the subject of unit tests ("strong testing, not strong typing")
there's the issue of how to set these up for an _embedded_
environment.  I've been doing a fair amount of SciTE
macro programming, and standalone Lua is a useful tool
for syntax checking - but obviously it can't reproduce the
run-time environment of SciTE.   So how does one
set up unit tests for macros which are meant to be used
interactively?

steve d.

believed to be clean.