> I want to store a pointer to a table in a c++ class, then
> push the table onto the lua stack, and call a lua method that
> accepts the table as the first param.
>
> I don't seem  to be able to store a table as a void* and then
> push it as a table via the lua c api ...

You'll have to store the table in the registry and look it up when you need
it.

Alternativately, a C++ enhanced distribution of Lua (http://luaplus.org/)
allows tables (and other Lua types) to be stored in regular C++ objects
(called LuaObject) and maintained outside the stack or registry.  That is:

class MyClass
{
    LuaObject m_obj;
};

m_obj = luaState->GetGlobal("SomeTable");

Josh