Daniel Walker wrote:
Unfortunately I can't really accept that solution as the
necessity for it is the exact problem I wished to address.
Furthermore, you may notice that

 #ifndef LUA_API
 #ifdef __cplusplus
 #define LUA_API extern "C"
 #else
 #define LUA_API extern
 #endif
 #endif

is perfectly valid C code, which completely eliminates the
need for any C++ specifics, and would keep the issue in
question from ever arising again. There really isn't any
benefit in not writing a header like this, so why not?

Surely we'd then just get people who want to compile Lua as C++ complaining?

--
Rob Kendrick, Pepperfish Ltd.         +44 (0)845 226 4146  www.pepperfish.net
PGP signed or encrypted mail welcome                         Key ID: 3651D17A