On Sep 24, 2004, at 21:55, David Jones wrote:

What I want to do is match all non-printable characters. C provides this concept via isprint and isgraph, but in Lua I have to use the union of " ", "%p" (punctuation), and "%w" (alphanumerics). Which relies on isprint being a union of space, isprint,

I mean ispunct; a union of space, ispunct, and isalnum. Anyone who was following up to this point could probably guess that though.

 and isalnum (which the C standard guarantees, but it seems tenuous).

David Jones