 I updated to Lua 5.1(work1) from this month and I get the same issue.  The
lua code that causes it...

-- this is called from C++ code
function app:_restore_device_objects()

	-- the call stack here is.... odd. It doesn't
	-- return a function name, but the line number
	-- is correct.
	--
	--	level 0	app:_restore_device_objects
	--

	return the_page_stack:restore_device_objects()
end

function ui_page_stack:restore_device_objects()

	-- again here I get no function name, but the
	-- source and line number.  Missing from the
	-- stack is the caller.
	--
	--	level 0	app:_restore_device_objects
	--