On 6-Sep-04, at 6:07 AM, Brett Bibby wrote:

It further cautions anybody doing JIT compilation and execution. This got me thinking that our slowdown could be related to the DEP software checks on the Lua scripts we are running.

That note is specifically referring to JIT compiling into a natively executable image.
Lua byte code is not executable; it is interpreted by the Lua VM.

I read that note and didn't see anything that might indicate that SP2 would affect byte-compiled scripting languages (phew!). On the other hand, there have been lots of reports of SP2 slowing down networking, by a factor of more than two. So there are lots of possibilities.

This came up on google groups: maybe one of the settings suggested here will help? If you disabled services one at a time, you might find one that made the big difference: <http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF -8&selm=O5tncFWkEHA.3712%40TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl?>