I have been thinking about this for sometime with no progress.
The requirement is aptly demonstrated by CGILua which has at
least one *clone* of the io library in lfgci.c.

It would also be good if the io library implementation allowed for
adaption to using open/read/write/close.

The must be a more elegant way to do this rather than cut and
paste the io library each time an io variant is required.

--
db