Hi all,
   I'm a win32 user of LUA and since I've found it invaluable tool, I've
created some few files which could be easily
added to the official distro to provide window users an extra-easy way to
build all lua stuff with his preferred compiler
(mingw, borland, msvc makefiles, msvc project files, open watcom....etc).

I created a simple bakefile which can be used to regenerate all those
makefiles with a simple command.
The work was very very easy since the clean & ANSI-compliant code which
distinguish lua from other libraries...

I think it would be fantastic to have those makefiles added to the official
downloads... I attach to this mail an archive which, unzipped in the main
folder of lua, creates a win32 folder containing a readme and all the
brand-new makefiles for LUA.

I hope LUA authors are interested,
Francesco Montorsi

PS: if someone finds it useful, I can slightly modify the files to allow the
creation of a lua DLL...