> I'm looking at this right now myself.
>
> I've found a few minor optimizations in the Lua core itself (based on
> 5.1work).  These aren't necessarily general-purpose, but they are
> applicable for us (running on the PS2):
>
> I changed the definition of Proto to this.  This reduced the size of
> Proto from 72 bytes to 56 bytes.  This required a few changes
elsewhere,
> but they are pretty straightforward.

That's an interesting idea which I haven't approached yet. I've just
considered script and binding alterations at the moment, but I can see
how this would save space.

Note to Lua authors: How about making the debug/introspection code
optional (i.e. with #ifdef LUA_DEBUG_SUPPORT) ? I.e. this cuts out the
whole debug library and dependent code.

Nick