Mike Pall wrote:
Sounds like trouble with the connect() syscall or the completion wait
(with select() or poll()). Here are a few wild guesses:

- Have you linked in some other library that redefines connect() or select()?
- Is your firewalling too restrictive?

Thanks for your help!  I'm looking into this today with a generous
amount of printf-tracing at the C and lua sides.

connect() *seems* good, as does everything else except send() calls
from the lua-side which never seem to make it to the sock_send()
or sock_sendto() functions on the C-side.  sock_recv() does get
called okay, but sock_send() never physically sent anything so no
handshaking was initiated and there's nothing for sock_recv() to
recieve, hence it sits there until the timeout.

So at this point I suspect a poor interaction between my lua
embedding environment and luasocket's lua-side code.  Still
investigating.

Thanks,
--Adam