I did that for a serial port logging tool at my former employer. The clue is in using luac (to compile the script), bin2c (to wrap the compiled script as a lua table) and then to link them together with main Lua (which is set up so that it initiates the script block, of course).

I'm afraid I don't have a "keys ready" solution for you, though. That one was custom made, using Hamster as the build tool to automate the process, but you could use a makefile. It isn't complicated, and well worth someone doing a generic solution (or a working example) on.

-asko