One of the reasons I chose Lua over Python (in 2002) was that I never really got the hang of their tuples/tables/associated tables/etc. With Lua, it was so bl**dy simple. :)

If changes are introduced, they should be such that the newcomer to Lua doesn't (need to) notice them. A good measure is the number of pages in the reference manual, imho.

-ak