> I think there was some talk of a commercial license for Lua under which they
> would stand behind their authorship a bit more firmly in exchange for money.

While there would be money involved, the goal of a commercial license would be
to remove any qualms about the legality or (lack of) cost of using Lua, thus
promoting a large use of Lua, which certainly is one of our goals.

We're told that some companies would prefer to pay for a commercial license
that could shield them from legal actions. We have no problems with that,
except that we're still seeking legal advice on how PUC-Rio and Tecgraf would
be involved.
--lhf