On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 02:38:00PM +0100, Daniel Silverstone wrote:
> Daniel Silverstone wrote:
> >(TTOTD: the above is the MIT licence with a small amount of
> >de-restriction applied)

How is that de-restriction?

> For people scared by that idea... the only change was to remove the word
> 'sublicense' from the list of rights in the first paragraph.

AIUI the ability to sublicense the software is what allows people to
include your work in commercial products, or indeed GPLed code, which
could completely change the nature of the license. Arguably though,
that permission is implicit in the "without restriction" part, in
which case your change has no effect. So, yes I am scared by slight
modifications to standard licenses.

What was your intention in removing this word?

-- Jamie Webb