Hi guys,

I've been having fun with Lua and GTK on Linux, and thought that
you might find the Glui project of interest.

Currently, due to a few technical problems, it's basically a full
Lua 5.0.2 distribution plus the GTK bindings,
but I'm sure I can repackage it as a shared library.

For the merely curious, a screen shot of an example file manager
written in under 500 lines:
http://home.mweb.co.za/sd/sdonovan/gluifile1.png

For the impatient, here's a binary which should work on modern
Linux distribs with GTK 1.2
http://home.mweb.co.za/sd/sdonovan/glui-0.6.0.tgz

And here's the source
http://home.mweb.co.za/sd/sdonovan/glui-src-0.6.0.tgz

Glui is an attempt to simplify GTK programming, and it's got
an interesting way to specify dialogs using text pictures, apart
from bindings to all the common widgets.
E.g., here's a minimal example:
    require 'glui'
     fred = 'hello'
     alice = 'dolly'