[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: LuaChip - The Project So Far
- From: Asko Kauppi <asko.kauppi@...>
- Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:58:13 +0300
So I can have it battery operated, WiFi connected to my home WLAN..
Yes, please! :)
10.8.2004 kello 21:46, Erik Hougaard kirjoitti:
Just to keep you guys updated on LuaChip so far......
Right now the hardware package I'm going for is the "Digi Connect ME"
or "Digi Connect Wi-ME". I'm the process of working out a agreement
with the distributor, and if this goes well we will start testing. I
was not going to say anything until I had something solid - but the
cat is out of the bag - just be prepared to be disapointed!
The software configuration will be as this:
* A small multithreading kernel with custom memory manager
* TCP/IP stack with DHCP client
* service console thread (telnet 'ish) always running.
* Small filesystem located in part of the flash
* Lua distribution that has access to console, timers, uarts, gio and
* Lua support for starting threads and communication through the
* Lua bootloader - a specific script on the flash will always be
executed when the chip is turned on (Unless a debug conditions is
reached within 3 seconds)
Stuff that could be nice....
* Kernel locks - could be used for timing sensitive stuff... Not real
time, but close enough to communicate with hardware that needs a
degree of precision.
* Power control - be able to put the chip into sleepmode and control
wakeup conditions from Lua...
What can you do with a LuaChip....
* I'm going to use it for robots
* Alarm systems
* Real world integration ....... Let me hear what YOU want to use the