Of those the NetSilicon DigiConnect EM seems suitable for me.

It doesn't have to be a one-chip solution at first, getting a nice development platform up and running is vital. And.. networking will add up the "Wow-factor a lot.. ;)

5x4cm is still rather small..

BTW, does "power pass-thru" mean we could run this baby off the Ethernet power? That'd be cool. :)

NetSilicon NS7520 32-Bit ARM Microprocessor @ 55MHz
▪ 10/100Base-T Ethernet with power pass-thru for network powered devices.
	▪ 	4MB flash, 8MB RAM on board.
	▪ 	Two high speed 230Kbps TTL Level Async Serial Ports.
	▪ 	9Mbps SPI Interface.
	▪ 	9 Shared GPIO Ports.
	▪ 	Strong SSL/TLS encryption.
	▪ 	Royalty-free NET+Works development platform.
	▪ 	3.3Vdc @ 250mA.
	▪ 	49mm x 40mm PCB Module.