> Let me put it like this: do you use /, \, :, . or <other> to
> seperate path elements?

And how do you represent different drives or mount points?  And what
about case sensitive vs. case insensitive vs. case-retentive?  And
maximum file name lengths and allowable characters?  Valid extensions?

VMS and MacOS probably have two of the more arcane styles, although
DOS/Windows with its drive letter idiocy is pretty non-standard as
well.

Anyway, I think the point has been made =)