The script can be fed line-wise as cmdline params, and since they're normally small scripts (some ten lines, max) I'll use that. The added annoyance is escape-enveloping the params, of course. But it works (already) :)

I don't want to go the C road. There's no need - if I did I could just as well do the dialog module directly in C without AppleScript. But this allows GUI dialogs from Lua _without_ any C code. Sorta cool. :)

Next I'll need info on how to launch popup dialogs in Linux/X11.. anyone care to teach?

-ak