Hi,

> we have been embedding lua script into windows dll's as resources. this
> massively simplifies packaging and distribution of hybrid c/lua libraries.
> this has an impact for naming / require / packaging issues

As long as the mapping between names and loaded Lua chunks or names and
C entrypoints can be overriden, everything is possible.  Someone might
link a bunch of libraries into the executable itself, along with their
Lua part and create his own mapping function to sort things out. It
doesn't matter.

In the user's point of view, all require() needs is a way to find
something to run and return.

In the mixed library's developer's point of view, all he needs is that
his Lua code be able to find the C entrypoint, or that his C entrypoint
be able to find the Lua code.

[]s,
Diego.