On 25-Jul-04, at 9:08 PM, Edgar Toernig wrote:

(Btw, I'm still hoping that setfenv gets nuked
in 5.1 *g*)

Agreed.

A version which only worked on Lua functions (not C functions and not call stack pseudo-indices) would be manageable.

Actually, I agree with most of what et wrote, except that I personally favour the style where the package-definition (C or Lua) gets passed a table into which it is expected to put its definitions; Wim's LTN-11 works very nicely for me.

Rici