Is the return of string.sub(String,0) official defined? Lua returns the
whole string. But in http://www.lua.org/manual/5.0/manual.html this
behaviour is so described that it should return a string with length 0.

"and string.sub(s, -i) returns a suffix of s with length i"

So string.sub(s,-0) should return a suffix of s with length -0
But Lua returns the whole string.

I think the 0 in this way Lua works now is unflexible because a 1
retursn the whole string too. So the 0 makes no sense. On the other hand
the 0 makes sense if I calculate a string start point and the
calculation result is 0.

Next unlogical point:
A string from 0 to 4 returns      4 bytes  (but then I expect 5)
A string feom 1 to 4 returns also 4 bytes

If I think more about the 0 its possible an error but in this case it
make more sense to sepnt more flexibility. Lua stands for flexibility.

--
Markus