And also multiple layers of scripts sharing the same namespace (extending it).

This would allow for 'derivation' of libraries (with extra features) easily. Or should such derivatives always have a separate name (even if they're backwards compatible?).

I've added "version awareness" in LuaX (which has 'USES' function that can take an optional version info, meaning I need i.e. luaSocket 2.0 but nothing earlier).

-ak

Also, each module contains an _info table, with some descriptive details:

> USES 'lib.paragui'
USES 'lib.paragui': /Users/asko/TestBox/Sources/luax-perforce/Modules/Paragui/ paragui_wrap.lua

> dump(lib.paragui._info)
PLATFORMS :     'Win32, Linux, OS X'
AUTHOR :        'asko.kauppi@fi.flextronics.com'
NOTES : 'Also the end application should carry the FreeType copyright message in its about box or similar.'
LICENSE :       'LGPL+BSD'
COPYRIGHT : 'Portions copyright (c) 1996-2002 The FreeType Project (www.freetype.org). All rights reserved.'
DEPENDENCIES :  'paragui (v.1.1.7) by Alexander Pipelka
sdl (v.1.2) by Sam Lantinga
freetype2 by David Turner et.al.
'
MODULE :        'ParaGui 1.1.7+'

25.7.2004 kello 22:53, Diego Nehab kirjoitti:

 It is especially important to allow libraries that have both C and Lua
parts to share the same namespace during the export process.