I wish to store configurations for a process as a set of lua callbacks (functions). This works perfectly.

Now, i wish to use a c++ gui interface to create / view these callbacks.
I can load them into a table, retrieve their names, etc, but not the source.

I have used the debug info to get the source file and start line, but it doesn't give me the end line.
I can see how i can solve this via the debug hooks, but before i try this -

1/ Has anyone already solved this one ?
2/ Is there a simpler way ?

ps i have a simple sax-type c++ xml parser that i have built a lua wrapper for (with lua callbacks), if anyone's interested. The default implementation parses xml into a lua table using names such as _tag, _attribs, etc. There is also a wrapper function which allows addressing the table using the xml node names.

Adrian