On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 01:45:04PM +0200, Markus Huber wrote:
> The follwoing line does two things:
>
>    myprint = print
>
> 1. does a real print
> 2. correct assignment of myprint
>
> so it works but it prints too! And this is not allowed in my
> circumstance. Thats why I would like to catch print.

Am I reading this correctly?  You want to make a copy of the reference
to 'print', but doing "foo = print" calls the print function?  I didn't
know it did this, and I can't test it here.  If it does however, have
you considered using rawget() instead?

--
Rob Kendrick, Pepperfish Ltd.         +44 (0)845 226 4146  www.pepperfish.net
PGP signed or encrypted mail welcome                         Key ID: 3651D17A