I am loading a bunch of user-scripts from a list of files, and I'm wondering how to keep them from messing with each other. If I have two scripts defining the same identifier in the globals table (like two functions called action(), or two variables called size), One of those scripts is going to puke.

I suppose there's no easy way to do this, other than run each in its own lua_state, but I'm just going to ignore my intuition and ask anyway: How do others solve this?

Enno.
--
"Generally you don't see that kind of behavior in a major appliance." -- Dr. Peter Venkman