Learning by doing... Non working example!

   local Lines={}
   repeat
      local Line=Handle:read('*line')  --> bug local Line
      Line=Line and string.gsub(Line,'\r','')
      if Line==nil or Line=='' then
--       process lines here; e.g. with iterator
         Lines={}
      else
         table.insert(Lines,Line)
      end
   until Line==nil --> Line is ever nil

> Jamie Webb wrote:

> In fact, as written, it won't work at all. The declaration of Lines
> needs to be moved outside the loop.

And in my newer example also the declaration of Line needs to be moved
outside the loop. After all the working example:

   local Lines,Line = {}
   repeat
      Line=Handle:read('*line')
      Line=Line and string.gsub(Line,'\r','')
      if Line==nil or Line=='' then
--       process lines here; e.g. with iterator
         Lines={}
      else
         table.insert(Lines,Line)
      end
   until Line==nil

I am a programmer since ~20years now but sometimes I fall back to a
newbie ;-)

--
Markus