-- Wich version is better and why? Any suggestions are welcome.
[snip<]

Well, it's probably not the sort of answer you're after, but I'll volunteer it anyway:

I'd choose the first approach, since unlike the second one it doesn't completely lose the last group of non-empty lines (for cases where your data doesn't end on an empty line).

Mind you, the first scenario would still need to be extended to process the pending data in Lines, after the while loop.

[:-)]

Ashwin.
--
no signature is a signature