Hi Diego,

thanks for the feedback. I think I'll stick with the current solution as upvalues require duplication of the symbol table in LUA (as far as I can tell - I'm a LUA newb!). This gives me the side effect that I can't use table.foreach to print my API so I'll have to add some extra functions to do that specifically.

- Don

Diego Nehab wrote:
Hi,

To start with I need to get around the problem of telling, from within a
C function, the name of the C function just called. Other than the Debug
API I can't see any means of getting at that, and I don't want to use
the Debug API.

If you control the binding process (it looks like you do), you can set
an upvalue for each C function telling its name. Otherwise, I think the
debug API is the only way.

[]s,
Diego.