Asko Kauppi wrote:

Do you have experience comparing p4 with cvs, subversion or others?

I met their people at a fair, tried it out and have had no needs to switch. CVS got me trying to do the installation (win32) all too long. Also, I never really liked them CVS folders.. ;)

I've used all three extensively. Using CVS is as enjoyable as going to the dentist. Perforce has an excellent branching model and best performance, but is proprietary. Subversion has borrowed Perforce's branching model, and overall is very well designed. Support for easy repeated merges didn't make it into 1.0 however. There is definitely movement in the free software community towards Subversion.

-John

--
http://giftfile.org/  ::  giftfile project