Hello Diego,

I finally download luasocket-2.0-beta. Thanks!

I've also been playing with the getfd method. So far it does exactly
what I want it to under Linux. Very nice "dirty parts"... ;-)

I'm fooling around to see if I can make changes to select.c so that
the win32 version uses some form of MsgWaitForMultipleObjects() with
the intent of supporting serial/network select()-ing in that
environment, too. I'll keep you posted.

-joe