On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Philippe Lhoste wrote:

> > Why not using ONLY the '#' symbol to comment the end of the line?
> I suppose you mean "to comment to the EOL".
Of course

> We already have --, why use something else?
Not something else, but a replacement (one character instead of two),
although I agree "--" instead of "#" is fine for backwards compatibility.
Anyway, remember that Lua allows '#' to comment if it is placed at the
beginning of line. It would suffice to remove "the beginning of line"
restriction.

Best regards,
S.