I'm working on designing a little routine that will connect to a TCP
server and read & write data to it.  My concern is that unless I create a
non-blocking socket, the main program will grind to a halt while waiting
for the receive() call to time out.  The Lua code will be running within a
flight simulator, so _any_ kind of delay like that would turn the game
into a slide show.

I've searched the documentation for Luasocket, and I don't see how to
force it into non-blocking mode.

Help!

Thanks folks!

g.