On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 07:22:35AM -0300 Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> >It's indeed so that Lua seems to produce more segfaults
> >than other interpreters I know.
>
> Lest this be quoted out of context, those segfaults are not a problem with the
> Lua interpreter nor with the Lua VM. If anyone's fault, it's the implementation
> of the Lua API, but then our philosophy is the same as most other C libraries:
> no hand holding, the programmer knows best.

Yes, I know. This statement of mine wasn't meant to discredit Lua and
its implementation (and thus its creators:-). It was mostly a note to
myself that Lua seems to adhere to the principle of "garbage in, garbage
out". IMHO a good thing because it means that its API is thin and
provides no heavy (and therefore bloated) abstraction.

> Having said that, you can enable API checks when you build Lua, but these
> should be seen as debugging aids only.

Yup, will do so.

Greets,
Tassilo