  Hi.  I have a few small questions.

1) Why is only one function declaration syntax supported in tables?  This
works:

MyClass = {
  MyFunc = function() end;
}

This does not:

MyClass = {
  function MyFunc() end;
}

2) In C it possible to determine the number of elements in a table without
iterating it.

3) My C function is called from LUA and passed a table.  How can I find the
name of the table?  lua_tostring returns nil.  In LUA I have
"library.RegisterClass(MyClass)", in C I need the string "MyClass".

4) I could not find any forums discussing the API side of LUA (all were pure
scripting discussion).  If there is a better place to pose rudimentary
questions of the sort I've been asking then please let me know.  You guys
seem to be discussing some pretty hard core stuff and I hate to waste your
time.

  Thanks!

  Dan East