[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Packaging, 2 last concerns
- From: diego@...
- Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:31:50 -0400 (EDT)
> I think this is another problem. I was saying that with the
> Virtual Environment you can do that. In fact, we are doing this all
> the time with CGILua: each new request has its own environment which
> inherits the globals from the original environment.
Tell me which possibility is your case, or point me to the magic I
1) The socket namespace is shared between scripts.
Problem: Unsafe. If one script changes it, the others will be affected.
2) Each script gets a cloned copy of the socket namespace.
Problem: Doesn't work. The functions in the cloned namespace will
ignore any change made to it, (PORT and PROXY, for instance).
3) Each script gets a fresh constructed copy of the namespace.
Problem: It's safe and it works, but might be too slow.