From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
[mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br]On Behalf Of Grisha
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 10:36 AM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: LUA Shell inside my application

Hi, Andreas

I can't advise calling any script for every object per frame, but if your
object count is small probably it'l work fast enough. Generally Lua is ten
times slower than C code (which is good for scripting language), but
probably you will need to benchmark your scripts yourself.

Lua does have the ability to precompile scripts, you can take a look at the
luac.c file in your lua distribution. Note that scripts are compiled on
load, so compiling in advance will reduce only load time, not execution
time.

regards,
Grisha