Maxime Petazzoni wrote:
I recently discovered a little program called DevHelp[1]. It is a documentation browser, initially for Gnome developpers. But it's simplicity and flexibility made it become a general documentation browser.

Several books are available[2] for DevHelp, such as MySQL, Gtk+, SDL, Emacs, Atk, Pango etc.

I was wondering if someone was planning to convert the Lua manual into the Devhelp format. If not, I'll be pleased to do so !

Tell me if you're interested :)
- Sam

[1] http://www.imendio.com/projects/devhelp/
[2] http://htmlhelp.berlios.de/books/devhelp.php

I didn't knew that program. It strongly looks like Microsoft's HTMLHelp (CHM files), with the advantage of being human readable/editable, and the inconvenient to be uncompressed, needing subdirectories to manage, taking quite some room and being harder to move around.

Beside that, it seems like a good idea. I wonder if there is a Windows version, or if DevHelp files can be easily converted to CHM format...

While trying to answer myself this question, I found an interesting message:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-devtools/2004-January/msg00056.html

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)