Hi,

> Is there a compatible library I can link it against for windows?

Well, the cygwin framework has support for readline. But unless I'm
mistaken it is not sufficient to just download a single dll and be happy.
You probably need to install most of the core parts, too.

I don't have a Windows box, so I cannot comment on this. So please have
a look at: http://www.cygwin.com/

If you come up with any results, please report to the list with your
experiences. Thank you!

BTW: I think the truly portable solution would be to rewrite readline
     in pure Lua, using ANSI escape sequences (the Windows terminal is
     ANSI compatible). Interactive mode is not performance critical anyway.
     But since the readline functionality is not trivial, this would
     be quite an undertaking.

Bye,
     Mike