On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 03:50:01PM -0300, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
> If the system is not Posix this gets an error right in the attempt to include
> unistd.h.

Yes, it looks like a catch-22...

> Can we write a test that works everywhere?

I don't know of a way to do this, and AFAIK this cannot be done.

As a final solution, an additional user tunable variable could be added in the
config file, that would declare that the host system is POSIX.  Thus, unistd.h
could be safely included in the case of src/lua/lua.c and popen/pclose support
in src/lib/liolib.c would be enabled.