Thanks. I thought this was related to what I want. I've already had a look
at this in the manual but I just found the set/getglobal. I don't know if
I understood what this functions do but I think this is not what I'm
looking for. They get/set values of a global variable. I want to change a
function and introduce new instructions on it.

This is what I want to do. I have a function called test() and I want to
change it.

function test()
  print 'test'
end

function change( f )
	table = _G

	local old_fn = table[f]
	table[f] = function( ... )
			print "function changed"
			return (old_fn)(unpack( arg ))
	     end end

print 'before change'
test()
print 'after change'
change ('test')
test()

And I get this:

before change
test
after change
function changed
test

What could be the equivalent code in Lua 4?

Fabricio