On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:11:54 -0400, Thatcher Ulrich wrote:
> The loadlib() function built into Lua 5.0 does the job nicely; this
> is what luacheia uses under the hood now.

Cool, I somehow missed that when stumbling around the Wiki.  I'm
confused by the following though:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/CreatingBinaryExtensionModules

What's the status with that?  There's conflicting data in there, but
it seems to imply that binary loadable modules will require the app to
use Lua in a DLL on Windows.

There are some ways of fixing this (a la Quake2/3 where the app
exports the needed functions through a callback structure -- brute
force, but surprisingly effective), but I'm not sure what the current
state is.

Brian