RLake@oxfam.org.pe wrote:

> If you have a system where <cr> is the end of line character
> (such as Mac OS <10), then the C compiler defines \n as <cr> and \r as
> <lf>.

Uhh... That was new to me.  Looking further it seems that the mess
on old MacOS is even worse - some compilers have \r and \n swapped,
some not.  Some have switches to select behaviour, and then there
are also different libraries -- \r \n swapping and non-swapping
versions.

Time to change some \n and \r occurences in Sol...

> protocols use "\13\10" as a line terminator,

"\13\10"?  "\15\12"!  *scnr*

Ciao, ET.