From: Richard D. Farley [mailto:rfarley@spyderinternet.com]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 1:48 PM
To: lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
Subject: Re: how best to get started?

Thanks to everyone except Horowitz.

By the way, if you haven't tried it and if you'd like a few exercises in
patience, Horowitz, you might try writing, designing, and indexing a
200,000+ word technical manual; then try writing a novel or two; and in your
spare time, teach yourself how to program while learning how to do
commercial airbrush and digital illustration -- and get at least good enough
that you've found people and companies willing to pay you good money for
each of these endeavors.

My patience may not be what it used to be, as I implied, but it used to be
far more than most people ever have.

I am admittedly new to the list, but I hardly think it was appropriate to
tell me I'm not going to make it and was surprised to see such a response on
the list. Some folk, apparently, are far too quick to judge.

   / R

--
Spydernet has scanned this message for viruses and
dangerous content.

- - - - - - - Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc. - - - - - - -
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.