Am Sam, den 28.02.2004 schrieb Mark Stroetzel Glasberg um 23:57:

[I agree with your point above]

> > gui.loadlayout("./MyEditor.glade")
>
> IUP initially had a "script language" called LED to help creating dialogs.
> Of course, when Lua was released we switched to Lua. I believe what you
> are missing is a graphic interface to build your dialog, right?

Exactly. I am still looking for an easy to use Interface Builder. The
only one I have found yet can be found in the XCode tools from apple.

Neither windows nor linux can come up with a real alternative.

> We had some implementations of a graphic tool to build dialogs, but
> our users, even the less experienced ones, at the long run preferred the
> scripting method...

The problems with most UI Builders is that they are not intuitive and a
pain to use. I don't know what problems your tool had but I am certainly
faster with glade than if I had to write that by hand.

Regards
--
Clemens Wacha           wacha@gmx.ch           ICQ:12620942

proudly running Debian/GNU Linux. See http://www.debian.org