> I don't think there are any stats available that would help you make your
> decision.
>
> how long do you imagine it would take to do a prototype of the single
> state
> method? a couple of days at most? I would do a prototype and profile it...

I'm developing foundation code for the prototype, and it should be done in a
couple of days indeed. I was just thinking some Lua hackers could have an
opinion out of their knowledge of the Lua internals.

Also, my project won't be finished before Lua 5.1 is released, and
incremental garbage collection might change things considerably. I guess
even prototyping now could be more error-prone than a good expert's advice.

Thanks,
Thiago Bastos