Sindharta,

> Aren't those files [corelib.lib and standardlib.lib]
> needed for Lua ? If I remove them, I get this error
> messages.

After reading your follow-up posts I think that the
following is the case.  Your friend gave you the two
lua libraries (that are indeed necessary) but compiled
them in VC.Net with some run-time checking options
enabled.  Hence the reference to the symbol
__RTC_CheckEsp in these libs.

Now either you don't use VC.Net yourself (so your
compiler doesn't provide this RTC code), or your
settings are incompatible with those used to build the
libs.

In the latter case you can solve the problem yourself,
otherwise your friend could compile the libs without
the RTC options.  (It is BTW very easy to build these
libs from the Lua sources, which is maybe your best
option.)

You see, ANSI C is portable on source code level, but
on binary level, vendors tend to mess it up...

<rant>Not to mention ISO C++, for which the situation
is plain horrible.</rant>

--
Wim