Stewart, Joseph wrote:

> What compiler are you using under windows, and what version of Windows are you using?

I'm using Win XP and VisualC++ .net (7.0).

> If you're using >=Win2k and start lua from cmd.exe you should get line editing/command history more or less for "free"; <=WinME you probably have to roll your own.

This is an interesting news... can you take me more detail, please?
There is ad autmatic readline-like support in io:read() if I use cmd.exe?

> Do you have a readline library for your compiler?

In VC++ there is a library that do it.
Why I want user GNU readline? My problem is that I would like make a multiplatform code if is possible. If the support readline was enbeded in Lua, it was immediate. Otherwise, I must write more code or... or develop in gcc and compile by cygwin :)

matteo!