On Tuesday 03 February 2004 15:22, Bennett Todd wrote:
> I mentioned OGDL here because one teeny, minute job that a subset of
> Lua does quite well seems to be handled a little bit more cleanly
> (to my tastes!) by OGDL.

By the look of things, Lua can often give more natural formats, where you
don't have to explicitly map keys to values, e.g. I have (as executable input
to a Lua program for generating complex C++ headers):

template ("typename T") "RecList" ("Serialisable")
{
   attrib "T*" "h";
   attrib "RecList<T>*" "t";
   constructor ("T", "RecList<T>");
   constructor ();
   method "T" "head" ();
   method "RecList<T>" "tail" ();
   method "bool" "empty" ();
   method "bool" "not_empty" ();
   method "int" "length" ();
   conversion "bool" "not_empty";
   method "void" "serialise" ("Marshaller");
}

 -- Jamie Webb