From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
[mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br]On Behalf Of Jamie Webb
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 11:19 PM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: Lua Use in Visual Basic

On Thursday 29 January 2004 04:20, Isaac Raway wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if there are any examples of using Lua with Visual
Basic, or if there are any libraries designed to access Lua from within
VB. I'm writing an application in VB 6.0 and would like to call the Lua
library to provide scripting capabilities (instead of using the horrible
VBS control).

Not that I've noticed, but there are plenty of C examples, and you should
find
that it's little different once you've got a Lua DLL and some suitable
Declares. IIRC pretty much all the arguments should be Longs, except for
char*s which become Strings. If you've not constructed Declare statements
before, you can probably find tutorials for that on the Web.

As a very much untested-and-I-haven't-touched-VB-in-years example:

Public Declare Function lua_open Lib "lua50" () As Long
Public Declare Sub lua_close Lib "lua50" (ByVal lua_state As Long)
Public Declare Function luaL_loadfile Lib "lua50" (ByVal lua_state As Long,
ByVal filename As String) As Long
Public Declare Sub lua_call Lib "lua50" (ByVal lua_state As Long, ByVal
nargs
As Long, ByVal nresults As Long)
' etc...

Public Sub test()
	Dim L&, err&
	L = lua_open()
	err = luaL_loadfile(L, "test.lua")
	lua_call(L, 0, 0)   ' Execute the contents of test.lua
	lua_close(L)
End Sub

-- Jamie Webb